Thursday, September 2, 2010

Counting Down The Math

120-16= 104 math lessons 2 go!!

Dad and I went to an Appleseed Shoot in Gunersville, AL last Saturday. Thank goodness that .22 didn't kick! I thought the recoil would be terrible! I hated to standing position! So hard, and especially if you haven't shot in a year. I like the prone ( laying down) position,and the kneeling position was my second favorite. It wasn't that hot, and we had a good time. The first time, I've eaten lunch around 1:30pm! Well, it wasn't that bad, because I was snacking on granola bars during the history parts. Here is some of what I learned:

Hezekiah Wade( I think that was his last name) got out of range of the Lobsterbacks' muskets ( 250 yards), and stopped his horse. He laid the rife on the saddle of the horse, and every time he shot, a Lobsterback officer fell.

Paul Revere, Samuel somebody, and another guy got captured. While being herded into a little fence thingy, Samuel, who knew the area said," Let's make a run for it". They tried, but only Samuel escaped.

I've sorta forgot, and they had some math something or other during lunch..never wasting a minute, but I didn't remember his last word, after it was done..... It is the weekend, you're not supposed to think about math....

Katy

No comments: