Sunday, May 8, 2011

Nashville during AL power outage

Nashville Zoo sign.



About to get out and walk around the zoo!





Birds..I forgot what kind.



Meerkat.



On the Historical Farm part of the zoo,

there was a plantation. The plantation house,

and cooking house, and herb garden and farm

animals were there. Above is the slave quarters.

You could look in the windows, but when I got

up there, this man told me there was a snake...

a copperhead snake...right above me. Believe me,

I got off there as quick as I could, told Mom and

Noah and Stephanie and VJ, and we got away.




Donkey, in the petting area.




This isn't a very good picture, but see the cross on

the back? We think that Jesus may have ridden

on one like this on His way into Jerusalem.



Rinoceros Iguana.




Bactrian Camel

did you know that they made the sound

for Chewbacca for the Star Wars movies?

and that they store fat in those humps,

which can be converted to water and enegry

when food isn't avaible?



I'll post storm damage pictures that we got on our way to Athens, on our way to TN, next.









































No comments: