Saturday, May 14, 2011

Russell Cave

Noah and the sign to Russell Cave.



These are FAKE snakes.




Do you notice at all that I wasn't tall enough

to take a good picture, and held the camera above my head?





The same for this one, although it didn't


turn out as good as the other one.






We could only go in the non-watery part of the cave


and these clay people met us.








Noah liked this one.












L to R:


Mom, Monica,Frider, and Dad.










This is the part of the cave we couldn't go into.


I will post another picture of the one we could go into


later.








Nana's sister and brother-in-law came from Germany two weeks after the tornadoes came through AL. Nana brought them up to us from Birmingham, and we went to Russell Cave. Noah got Russell Cave to do his project on in school, and we went there for more info, to see the cave, and get more info. If he will let me, I'll take some pictures of the project when it is finished, and post them.




Here are some facts ( from Google, since I don't have my notebook right now):


It is the 3rd largest mapped cave in Alabama. It is ranked 90th on the U.S's longest cave list, and is currently 314 on the World's Long Cave list. Has a mapped length of 7.2 miles. A natural spring flows into the cave and travels 1.5 miles underground, before joining Widow's Creek and the TN river.




I might be able to put some more tomorrow.













No comments: