Friday, April 23, 2010

100%~ Alabama History!!!

I got an 100% on my Alabama history test today! I had been studying for the past week, and I am so glad!!! :) Also, we have a new trouble. I didn't know, till about this past Monday, or Wednesday, that my book report for Alabama History, is due next week! I haven't even read my book! I wanted it to be on Wernher Von Braun, but it's got long chapters, and it's going to take a bit of time. So, I think that I'm going to to my report of George Washington Carver,because, 1. I've read it over and over, and 2. because it's short, and won't take long. We just got my book on Wernher Von Braun yesterday, April 22nd, and I won't have time to do the whole thing.
The test was 3 pages, and had some really hard questions, such as, " What is the chief mineral product of Alabama?" The answer is coal. " What is the chief agricultural product of Alabama?" the answer is broilers. " What is the chief manufactured product of Alabama?" the answer is chemicals. So A lot of them i knew, but the " fourth-largest city", " fifth-largest city",third- largest city", and the " leading steel center" stuff, is very confusing. But I will tel you the answers:
First- largest city, and the leading steel center: Birmingham.
Second-largest city is Montgomery.
Third-largest city: State's only seaport, Mobile.
Fourth-largest city: Rocket City USA, Huntsville.
Fifth-largest city:Tuscaloosa, the Black Warrior.
I bet y'all don't know what the Alabama Platform is about. Here's the real definition that I have memorized: " The Alabama Platform: declaring that the federal government did not have the right to prohibit settlers in the new territories from holding slaves". Easy, but sometimes tricky.

OK, now, house-hold news: We ( Mom, Noah, VJ, and I) have to take Mimi and Papa( Mom's parents) to get Papa's surgery done, outside of Huntsville. Papa has something, who knows what, and they are going to remove it. They are going to drive by here, and we are going to take them, go to the McWane Center while we wait for them to get done, eat down there, and then come home. The surgery should only take about 3 hours, but that is a bit of time. Mom said that the actual surgery should only take about 14-15 minutes, but it's the getting the medicine down, and then the recovery time, that will take up most of the 3 hours.

Well, I guess that's all the house-hold news, unless, that y'all have forgotten that Noah got his bright green( not lime green though) cast, perm. cast, and he's perfectly fine.
Katy

No comments: