Monday, April 5, 2010

Dance Recital!!!!

My dance recital is coming up! Finally! I've waited all year for this! This is my first year in Ballet III and pointe. Pointe is hard, especially rolling up onto pointe. I'm in three dances this year( 3, I still can't believe it!)!!!! I'm a Gypsy, after the Burning Bush( don't know exactly what I am), and then a Hebrew Lady. In pointe( the Hebrew Ladies/Girls), I am dancing with the little, pre-ballet girls, and there's only two of them, so Mrs. Melody said for them to dance with us. So my pointe class are Hebrew Ladies, and the little ones are Hebrew Girls. ( I've really grown up fast! ha ha).
Now the costumes: for the one after the Burning Bush( " I AM" is what we call it), we have this beautiful green dress; that looks like it can be used for water. And we have a flower in our hair, and then one on the bottom of the "V". Mrs. Melody said that she wants to move it, but i don't think she's noticed that it's glued, and Mom said that she doesn't want to rip the dress. My pointe dress is green on the chest, and then a puffy while skirt, and Mr.s Melody's, I think, has found someone to put on purple, as the little ones are wearing purple.
For my Gypsy dance, I'm dancing with 12 little girls, and dancing in a circle around them, doing turns( I'm not going to do their real names, for I don't know how to spell them, and y'all won't know how to say it/ know what it is). It's really hard not to "suffocate" them, as Mrs. Melody says.
If you want to hear my music, go to YouTube, and type in " Heaven's Eyes" , " When you believe", and " I Am Mark Schultz". Play the video. Heaven's Eyes,and When you believe are from the prince of Egypt.
Katy

No comments: