Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Afternoon Action

Thank the Lord that the danger has passed. We heard all the sirens, pounding of the rain, and the gusts of wind that came across Madison this afternoon. The Lord protected us from damage from our house. I'll admit it was a bad one...
You might have seen of the WHNT Chat that someone said that a Wendys got destroyed. That's not true. T-Bone and Stephanie just left a few minutes ago, and said that the Wendys is still up. Supposedly a church was set on fire....or damaged.....I'll have to look it up on Google later on...I'm not sure if it's true. I guess a lot of people wanted to make a bug show. Stephanie said that when the forecasters said that it was rainy and windy in Huntsville, it was bright and sunny! I still don't understand how that happened, but the Lord's in control!!

School has been great. In Anatomy and Physiology we've started on the Respiratory System. I've already done the skeletal, muscular, and digestive systems. I'll say that the one I most enjoyed was the skeletal and probably muscular systems. The ending of the digestive system wasn't that great...but it's facts of life ( I'm not going to tell you about it...if you are reading this you are human and you know what happens in the end of digestion).. and if you don't Google will probably tell you. Math is getting harder, but I'm still able to do it. And I might as well, for if I take a break ( which will never happen considering Dad's a big math fan) Dad will certainly make me catch up, which will make me do math in summer ( unenjoyable). I really am in 6th grade, but I do 7th grade math. Vocabulary....learning new words( aka: voc means voice; man means hand; and ped means foot( as in vocal, manicure, and pedicure).
Guitar is my favorite subject! I love playing, and figureing out different songs. I did figure out the melody to Be Thou My Vision and ( a higher melody without staring at the notes on paper...I got the first two notes and played by ear the rest of the way) like I just explained... Joy to the World. Dad's been really impressed. Also, for Christmas, two of my friends ( Bradley and Casey) are going to do a little Christmas program. I, of course, am playing guitar, Casey will use the keyboard ( we have a keyboard player at church so Casey will use that), and Bradley will sing with us. For our first song, The First Noel we're having some of the other kids in the Sunday School sing with us. It's just the first three verses, but I'm praying for patience, and willingness to do that..for kids VJ's age will sing with us. I already said yes, to the offer by our children's coordinator, but I know I can be impatient and known to bark out orders to kids younger than me (usually not one older kids, because they're probably able to sit on me....no thanks). Mr Mike, my teacher, said I really need 30 minute lessons, but the reason he put the classes back to 20 minute lessons was because the children didn't need 30 minute lessons...20 minutes was good enough.
Mrs. Melody came back to dance, the other week, after having her baby in August. I missed her a lot, but Ashley ( filling in for pointe class) and Elizabeth ( filling in for ballet, tap and modern ( I don't take modern) ) did really well. They taught us well. I'm almost down in the splits...with my right leg. My left leg and down the middle aren't my best, but the right certainly is!! Just a little more practice, then I'll get Mom to take a picture and put it on here.
Bike riding has really strenghend me. I ride down ( on Mom's bike) to my friend Alisa's and back, and riding around the neighborhood in sight of her house or mine. I love to bike...this time , when Dad and I go riding...I'll be much faster!

Sorry I haden't posted more...school, dance, guitar, LCA, church and a lot of otehr stuff has taken up my time...not to say that I don't like that...I do !

No comments: