Saturday, October 30, 2010

More on guitar

I just wanted to put a quick post on guitar:

Mimi and Papa laughed when I said this: for some songs I start out by getting the notes...trying to get all of them, and doing it slowly. Then I try to memorize it, just by playing it over and over again.Song like God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen ( that I'm going to play for my Christmas guitar recital) is one I really know, for when I do PowerPoint and the music team sings that, I have to switch the slides quickly to keep up with them. Because I know some so well, I can play half by ear and half by looking at the notes. If that's too confusing, I'll word it this way: I play by ear as well as skim over the notes. If one notes doesn't sound right, I find where I am in the music( really quick) and play by looking at the notes. I still have to look at the notes, in case I get mixed up, but I'm able to glance up for a moment. I have to sing to myself in my head, while I play.
Katy

No comments: