Sunday, October 3, 2010

New Happenings....

I'm really running out of titles for blog posts.....I'll have to really think!



Yesterday, at Valley Presbyterian Church in Madison, Alabama, something special went on today. ( For more info, go to " Our Church" thing) Our church has been made a particular church. Throughout last year, it was just a mission church. We didn't have elders, deacons, and Mr. Plott wasn't really the pastor..just the church planter( although we thought of him as "pastor". The Presbytery ( search on Google or somewhere for that meaning) helped us a lot through finances, and there was the Session ( a group of elders from other Presbyterian churches that helped us out).......please DO NOT ask me what all these words mean..because I'll have absolutely no idea...
Yesterday was special, because we became our own church. We may not have a real building, but you can still worship God even if your aren't in the White House or the Queen's palace. After Peter and John were put into prison by some king, they still prayed and sang to God in the midst of their troubles....( just some advice to all...). Anyway, yesterday, the Session, made up of 4-5 men backed-off, and they are currently letting us be on our own. Dad was elected,ordained, and installed as a deacon, along with one of my best friend's dad. I told Dad afterwards that now that he's a deacon, that he can't say "umm.....well..uh..." trying to find an answer while I'm asking a question( Bible related).OK..well I was joking ,but he might have some better answers now!


Yesterday night, was A*W*E*S*O*M*E*!! Totally! I love K-Group, but last night was better than all the others! There was only one other girl, Olivia, so she and I were a team, while Alan, Ryan, and Noah were another team. No, it wasn't hide- and -seek, but a Nerf-gun fight in Alan's basement. Alan's parents host the K-Group, so all of us kids were in the basement. It was awesome. We all used Alan's guns, and Olivia and Ryan used slingshots ( made out a some wood, a clothespins, and a ping-pong ball. I got hit somebody it never hurt a lot. To avoid getting hit by the other team, you have to be a real hasty shot. It's like, you hop up, shoot, real quick,and duck! At least 3 times, I hit a forehead, or, as in a hit to Noah, and hit close to the eye( which I didn't mean to). Still, besides that...it was awesome!
Next time we meet, Mrs. Bowden ( Alan's mom) said, to bring Nerf guns if we have them, and Ryan's mom said that Ryan'll bring some of his...and we're going to do it again! Plus, next week, we'll have Katy and Sarah ( Katy's one of my best friends) and Trey and Julia!( Sarah and Julia are close to Noah's age, and Trey is two months younger than me..Alan and Ryan are either 12 or 13). And VJ..of course...
We only meet every other week, but that'll be OK...it'll still a LOT of fun!!

I'll put some pictures later on...
Katy

No comments: