Thursday, June 9, 2011

Pictures from past few weeks.

Sorry for not posting. A friend of ours who reads the blog reminded me to post more after we saw him at Dad's work today ( it was " Take Your Children to Work" day)..so I will try to do better.

Before school took their summer break, Noah had a report due about Russell Cave. Below aways, you can see the pictures that I posted from when we visited the cave. Here are some pictures of his diorama and poster board. I might explain a little below each:

He made a cave out of a box and Play Mobile figures, and then a poster board to go behind it.





the inside of the "cave". There is a better picture later.



This part was like the outside of the cave,

and the stream ran into the cave. This was "attached" to

the "cave". There are several animals

that the Indians hunted.






The set-up with the poster board behind it.






His poster board.





This is the inside from above.



In the last picture, you might have noticed that the mother is grinding corn, with a baby on her back. The little girl is on the brown "bear skin" with her doll. The blue on the left is part of the stream that into the cave. In the "south-east" part, the little brown thing with blue in it, is a basket with blueberries. On the "north-west" part, there is a snake. In the middle of the "north" part is three little clay pots of corn. In the "north-east" corner, there is another little clay pot of corn.



Noah worked hard on the research, and Mom offered help and suggestions. It turned out great. I'm not sure what kind of Indians there were, but they hunted and fished. They relyed on plants a lot.


Family News:


1~We are babysitting an elderly Golden Retriever named Sugar for a friend. The mom is a friend of Mom, and Noah goes to school with one of the boys. She is really good...she sleeps a lot, and doesn't like the sit outside while we eat dinner ( I don't blame her...it gets hot around these parts). Noah wants a German Shepherd in a couple of years, and he's getting a bit of training. I think babysitting an elderly Golden Retriever is a bit different than having a puppy German Shepherd and training it, but Noah will do fine, considering that he's read up on it, he has parents that had two Chocolate Labs ( when they were married...Mom had a dog when she was growing up, but Dad didn't), and he has two siblings. VJ likes the dog, and so do I. Sugar's really sweet, and likes attention..just like kids ( I admit it..I do too.). Funny thing is, she sleeps everywhere,...in our computer room, in the threshold between our living room and kitchen, in the kitchen, under our dining room table, in Mom and Dad's room ( for a little while), in Noah's room, and in the hallway between the boys' rooms. ( I have our spare room, across the house, near the kitchen, and right beside the laundry room. My bathroom shares a wall with the garage). When I say Sugar is "elderly", I mean she's not young. I believe she is about 8-9 years old in dog years ( about 48-52 human years). Sugar likes to be with people..so when I'm watching a math lesson and Mom is outside playing or watering the garden with VJ, she will come in and sleep on the floor.


I can't get a picture of Sugar up at the moment, but ASAP I will.


2~ We are watching " Liberty's Kids". It's a show that came our in 2002-2003, but we are watching it on Netflix..on Roku. It's a great show about the Revolutionary War..where these 3 kids ( Sarah, James, and Henri) note, question, disagree, discuss and help out during the War. I really like it. It starts with the Boston Tea Party, and goes through Bunker Hill and the Declaration of Independence..and a little further. We're watching the series.


I hope this satisfies you for the next couple of days. ;)




No comments: