Sunday, March 14, 2010

G.O.L.F., Marriage and Children.

We got home from church today, and when we stepped inside the house, Noah goes,( it's not exactly but it'll work) " Mom, do you know what ' GOLF' stands for?"
Mom said " No."
And Noah replies," It stands for Gentlemen Only Ladies Forbidden."
I said," Your kidding. Mom, I think he made this up."
And Noah says, " No, my friend Andrew told it to me.
"I said , Maybe he made it up,"
And Mom said," Just let him be.".
I still don't agree with that, but it'll work for the men's bathroom, and possibly Noah's bedroom door....( haha). Guess I've got to think up something for my bedroom door.
To the marriage part: We were in the car, and headed for the gas station, and then to church, when VJ started reciting ( Noah taught him this by saying it over and over) the marriage part of The Princess Bride. He goes, " marriage a dream" ,and then says , " marriage and a fun!" The car became a laughing party, and Dad said that will be a FaceBook worthy quote. I said it'd be a blog quote, and here it is. The real quote, for those of you who haven't see that movie( it's pretty good, execpt some gruesome parts), is this:
' Marriage, marriage is what brings us together, today. Marriage that blessed arrangement as a dream within a dream." The guy, who plays the old man who " marrys" Buttercup and the prince, has this old toddler-like voice, and says things wrong.

Children: Well, church's sermons and our chapel @ LCA are a bit alike. Mr. Swinny( our LCA chapel teacher) said that when your parents discipline you, it because God instructs them to, and because they love you. He said that when you misbehave, that must take the rod and put it to the seat of knowledge. He told a couple of stories. I'll tell you them, the way he told us( act like I'm him):
" I had a bee-bee gun. . Once, I accidentally shot my brother in the back( ouch).
One day, I was carrying the gun in my hand, and I went up to my mother, who was on the couch. She said,' Make sure that thing isn't cocked.'. And I said, ' Nah, it isn't.' My mother said, ' Point it at the ground, and do not pull that trigger.' I didn't listen, and said, ' It's not cocked, Mom.' I pointed it at this big mirror, and pulled the trigger.The bee-bee flew out, and went straight into the middle of the mirror. It didn't shatter, and today you can still see where it went in. I remember running and hiding behind the TV, when my dad came home."

Well, in church today, we were talking about Eph 6: 1-4: " Children, obey your parents in the Lord for this is right. 'Honor your father and mother for this is the first commandment with promise', that you may live long in the land. Fathers, do not provoke your children to anger, but bring them up in the training and instruction of the Lord."
He started with the kids, and had first the oldest kids raise their hands( including me), and then the ones with older siblings, and then the ones with out any siblings. Dad was the only one who was a only child....amazing. Mr. William Plott ( our pastor) said that verses 1-3 are commands not optional. You are supposed to obey your parents. When you obey your parents , you are obeying God.And Mr. Plott said that he's not just speaking to the children, everyone is a child, a child of God is they know/believe him. ( By the way, this is the first sermon that I've really listened to, usually I'm play tic-tac-toe,a or something with a friend). For verse four, he said this verse is a do-not and a command. I can't exactly remember all of this, but he said it pretty clearly.

I guess that all. Noah went to District, but didn't win anything; he and Dad haven't see the results yet, which are on the website, or in an email. I'll see if Dad can load up a few of the pictures, and I'll put them on here later.

See y'all! Sorry, Mom, if I'm acting southern....:)

Katy

No comments: